Postgraduate qualifications are a certain way of adding power to your CV. Many people hold bachelor’s degrees but higher qualifications are less common and therefore stand out for potential employers. Taking your masters degree in the UK not only gives you an impressive qualification, it also provides the added benefit of an education in one of the world’s most respected higher education systems.
As well as the academic advantages, studying for your masters degree in Britain will save you time. The course of study typically only lasts for one year in the UK, in contrast with many other countries where you could be studying for much longer.
There are two types of masters degree:
1. Taught Masters: Masters degrees are built around programmes of study intended to complete an individuals understanding and skills in relation to their chosen discipline. The qualification demonstrates mastery of these specialisations.
- MA (Master of Arts)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MEd (Master of Education)
- MSc (Master of Science)
- MChem (Master of Chemistry)
- LLM (Master of Laws)
- MEng (Master of Engineering)
2. М.Phil – Master of Philosophy is focused on research work. In order to achieve this degree one needs to conduct self-contained research for 1-2 years under the direction of a senior teacher. The masters degree is awarded to a researcher upon successful completion of the research.
Studying for a masters degree in the UK brings many benefits:
- The opportunity to receive a prestigious qualification within a short-term one-year academic programme
- Access to a modern and world-renowned educational system
- The possibility to change professional specialisation
- The acquisition of strong practical skills for occupational work under the direction of top managers of international companies or modern scientific laboratories
In order to be enrolled for a masters programme in the UK you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- IELTS result not lower than 6.5
- References from teachers/professors
- GMAT (General Management Admission Test) for professions related to calculations or management: maths, finance, MBA
Preparation for a masters degree programme in the UK
Competition for masters courses can be tough but the London Education Centre will help you prepare for your application, improving your chances of success. Pre-masters courses lasting 3-9 months are designed to improve your profile so you will be suitably qualified to study for a masters degree. The course prepares candidates for the IELTS and GMAT exams, teaching the professional terminology for specific disciplines. If your English skills are limited we can organise intensive language training to bring your proficiency up to the required level.
A masters degree can transform your prospects in life. Contact the UK masters degree specialists and take the first step to acquiring one